Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I start using eHDF cloud?
Simply visit https://mycloud.ehdf.com, browse the catalogue of cloud packages, create your online account and subscribe to the required services.
2. What are your standard cloud offerings?
We offer compute instances, extra-small, small, medium, large and extra-large and suitable additional disks including custom disks. For further details, please visit the online catalogue.
3. What applications can I run on my cloud server?
You are free to run any application which is compliant with acceptable use policy and adheres to the law and legal regulations.
4. What are your trial package offering, duration of the trial and how can I subscribe for a trial account?
5. If I want to move from trial to paid account, can I use the VM created in trial, or do I need to create it again?
You can convert your trial account to paid account, all the VMs and settings in your trial account will be retained.
Subscription & Provisioning
1. How can I provision a new server?
Once the online account is created and activated, you are ready to go! Access your control panel, create your servers from templates or ISOs, and you are ready to start using your servers.
2. How can I manage my services and subscription?
You can manage your services and subscription by logging into your cloud account. Under dashboard, a summary of all the information is displayed. You can drill down deeper into the sub menu items for further details.
3. Can I use my own operating system?
Standard Windows and Linux templates and ISOs are available for use. Windows OS license is covered in the windows bundle costs. However, if you need to use a custom OS, you can upload your own ISO, supported templates etc. OS licensing other than Microsoft Windows is the responsibility of the customer. Any Microsoft applications or any other applications also need to be licensed separately.
4. Can I backup my data and my VMs?
Yes, you can take snapshots of the Volumes (the entire disk volumes). You can also schedule automatic snapshots at required intervals. Each snapshot will consume additional storage space which will be charged separately. If a VM is using multiple storage volumes, all the volumes’ snapshots need to be taken for a full backup.
5. Can I add my own templates and ISOs to my account?
6. I am not able to see the console of the VM from my services screen, what is causing this problem?
This is directly related to your local browser setting or versions, any firewall configurations, security settings etc. For example: if the popup is disabled in your browser, the browser will not permit the VM console to display. Cloud Portal supports: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 and 11, Mozilla Firefox 30, Google Chrome 35.0.1916.153, Apple Safari 7.0.5 etc..,
7. Am I able to ping my server?
Yes you can, but this needs configuring the firewall, port forwarding etc. can be achieved from the IP Address and Network tabs from the control panel. This is in place for the security of the VMs. If you find it difficult to configure this feature, our online support can help you.
8. What will I do if met with an error, while provisioning VM or creating firewall rule etc.?
You can contact our online support to assist you in case you find any difficulties.
9. Can I connect using VPN to my cloud servers?
Yes, you can use client to site (Eg. Windows VPN) or site to site (Cisco IOS 12.4 or later and Juniper JUN OS 9.5 or later are the endpoint devices currently supported)
10. Is it only possible to create templates from VM snapshots?
You can create templates in different methods, you can upload your templates to the cloud and deploy, create your templates in the cloud, by installing the VM from ISO and converting it to template, the template should be compatible with the hypervisor, and currently we are using XenServer as hypervisor.
11. Are there any plans to add more flavours of templates \ ISOs of Linux into the cloud?
We are adding more templates and ISOs for Linux (Open source) which complies end user license policy of different Linux distributions.
12. How do I install, configure and access my cloud VM remotely?
You can easily install, configure and access your VM from the cloud portal. You can also enable direct access via RDP or SSH over internet or access over a VPN session. For further details, please check the manuals and online help.
13. What level of access will I get for my cloud VMs?
You have root / Administrator level access for the VMs you own. Additionally, you can also configure firewall, port forwarding, in and out traffic etc.
Upgrading / Downgrading
1. Is it possible to upgrade or downgrade the VMs?
Upgrade of the VMs can be done easily. For upgrading the VMs go to the control panel and select a higher plan and upgrade. Downgrading of an already subscribed VM is not possible. However, you can cancel the current subscription and subscribe for a VM with a lower configuration and the billing will be automatically adjusted.
2. Can I buy extra Public IPs?
Public IPs are limited to 1 per VM and a maximum of 3 IPs per account. You may request for additional IPs and these will be subject to approval from eHDF.
3. Can I buy extra storage?
Yes you can buy extra storage as and when required.
Billing and Payment
1. What are the Payment Options?
2. How do I get billed for the services I am using?
The compute and storage bundles are billed monthly for the entitled quantities included in the bundle. The system automatically tracks the usage and any excessive usage (i.e. usage exceeding the limitation of the purchased bundle) is charged extra. The invoice is posted under the customer account and the total billed amount is deducted from your credit card at the end of every month. Customers can view all the invoices and payments details in their account.
3. Is there any minimum time period commitment for using the eHDF cloud services?
Yes, there is a minimum commitment of 30 days.
4. Can I set my budget and get notified if the set limits are being crossed?
Yes, you can set your budget in the dashboard and configure email notification when you reach a pre-set percentage of your set limit. The system will alert you when you reach the set threshold of your set limit.
5. Will I be billed if my VM is shutdown or powered off?
Yes you will be billed for the subscriptions you have created, even if your VM is not running. The resources allocated for you are reserved for you and will incur the standard bundle charges you have subscribed for.
6. Is there any additional charge for snapshots, ISOs and Templates?
There is no additional charge specifically for templates and ISOs. If a customer creates / uploads their own templates / ISOs, the storage consumed for templates / ISOs will be charged as per usage.
7. Do you support online payment?
Yes, we have an online payment option using credit cards, currently it supports Visa and Master cards. No other cards are currently supported.
1. How safe is my data and where is it located?
Every customer gets a completely isolated network. The cloud portal allows you to manage your firewall rules to secure your server to the desired security levels. Customers can further secure their servers by installing appropriate antimalware and other security solutions on their Virtual Servers. The data is located in eHDF datacentres in Dubai and cannot be accessed or manipulated by any third party without having the required credentials which should be strong enough and should be kept confidential by the customer.
2. Are firewall services available? If yes, how do I configure firewall, access restrictions etc.?
You can refer to the ‘How-to guides’ available in the cloud portal for detailed steps to configure firewall, port forwarding, VPN etc.
3. Where are your servers and data storage located?
The datacentre hosting the cloud infrastructure is located in our T3 Datacentre in Dubai, UAE.
1. Do I get support for any issues that I might face with the cloud services?
2. What level of support is offered with cloud VMs?
At the Infrastructure level, eHDF will support the datacentre environment, cloud hardware, storage, network, internet connectivity etc. Customers are expected to manage their individual VMs, software installed on their VMs, configuration of VMs etc. The customer is given full control for the provisioned VMs including control panel access to do all the installation and configuration required.
3. Will I get help to install and configure software in my cloud servers?
eHDF public cloud services are designed to be managed by the customers. Hence, customers are expected to install and maintain all software / configurations. You can refer to the ‘How-to’ documents and articles on the cloud portal for help. Initial assistance can also be obtained from our help desk team.
Cancelling my subscription
1. How do I cancel my account if I don’t need the service anymore?
You can do so by logging into your account, terminating all your services, destroying VMs, deleting all your subscriptions and paying any outstanding amount. After this, inform the cloud helpdesk to cancel your account completely.
Cette réponse était-elle pertinente?
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution